The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently unveiled a significant update to the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, which will take effect Aug. 1, 2023. This revised version ofContinue Reading DHS Introduces New I-9 Form and Alternative Procedure for I-9 Document Examination beginning Aug. 1, 2023
Rebecca Schechter focuses her practice on business immigration and compliance, representing multi-national corporations midsized companies, and startups, as well as individual clients. She has experience with all areas of employment-based immigration, particularly H-1B, L-1, O-1 and E-2 petitions, as well as outstanding researcher petitions and labor certification applications. Rebecca regularly assists GT clients with global immigration matters, including business and work visas to countries in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America. She also works on state and federal I-9 and E-Verify audits. Rebecca has a thorough understanding of third party contractor issues and experience handling complex naturalization, deportation defense, family and employment-based adjustment applications.
USCIS Extends Premium Processing to Certain Student Visa Applications
- The U.S. House passed the Secure the Border Act by a vote of 219-213. The bill was largely supported by Republicans and opposed by Democrats. It includes provisions
- Bicameral Bills Introduced: The Citizenship for Essential Workers Act has been introduced in both the House and Senate by lawmakers including Sen. Alex Padilla and Rep. Joaquin Castro.
FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 28, 2023
- House Immigration Border Bills Move Forward: The House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration Integrity, Security, and Enforcement marked up H.R. 2640,
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has reached another settlement with a company in Boise, Idaho, over allegations that it violated the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) by unlawfully discriminating…Continue Reading A Cautionary Tale: IER Settles After Investigating Unlawful Discrimination Against U.S. Citizen During PERM Recruitment
FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 2, 2023
- The House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023, on “The Biden Border Crisis: Part II.”The goal
FOR THE WEEK OF FEB. 3, 2023
The Biden Border Crisis: Part I – First House Judiciary Committee Hearing of the 118th Congress
- On Feb. 1, 2023, the House
FOR THE WEEK OF JAN. 3, 2023
- We are monitoring the seating of the 118th Congress, including the leadership and committee assignments, and will have a fuller